Saturday, June 27, 2009

My little corner of the world


Souvenirs and keepsakes that are lined up on my dresser--all reminding me of the wonderful places I have seen in these glorious five months.

Legend:

The Back Row (from left to right):

Picture of my mother(on one of her great adventures in Greece).

Blue and white wooden egg cup from Sibiu Village Museum.

White ashtray from the Meridien in Budapest (it says "To cease smoking is the easiet thing I ever did. I ought to know. I've done it a thousand times." Mark Twain. A most apt European souvenir). Sitting in the ashtray is a kind of Easter egg bought in the Timisoara Easter Market and two little black marbles from a Krakow restaurant).

A little wooden jewelry box, also bought in the Timisoara Easter Market.

A mug showing an old version of the Penguin fiction series (this one is Persuasion), bought in London.

In front of the picture:

A little stone that says "Home" bought at Edenside Gallery in Louisville,

A little pottery colander, bought at the Village Museum in Sibiu,

A little glass decorated box bought in Ravenna.

In front of the eggcup:

Terracotta figure of a cherub, bought in Venice,

A little handpainted bowl from Budapest.

In front of the ashtray:

Charles Rennie Mackintosh (seccesionist!) reproduction box from Edinburgh,

A colored tile bought in the Budapest Easter Market.

In front of the jewelry box:

A shard from the Fabric Synagogue in Timisoara, found in the street,

Painted box from the Timisoara Easter Market.

No comments:

Post a Comment